Epiroc buys balance of Mobilaris

Equipment maker brings Swedish tech firm in-house

Mining equipment manufacturer Epiroc has acquired Swedish mining and construction software developer Mobilaris MCE AB outright four years after snaring a 34% stake. Epiroc didn’t say what it paid for the remaining 66% of Mobilaris, which turns over about US$7 million a year and has 50 staff.

CEO of Epiroc Helena Hedblom said the company would now fully incorporate Mobilaris’ technology into its 6th Sense asset tracking and monitoring offering. The latter’s products use data from personnel and machines to present real-time positioning and asset status information via a sophisticated 3D user interface.

Epiroc also bought 34% of US automation technology company ASI Mining in 2018.


Leave a Reply

Not registered? Register Now

Powered By MemberPress WooCommerce Plus Integration